Is the department or support systems responsible for personnel sourcing and hiring, applicant tracking, skills development and tracking, benefits administration and compliance with associated government regulations.
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Is the process of employing people, training them, compensating them, developing policies relating to them, and developing strategies to retain them.
A human resource manager is responsible for managing the human resources of the organization by implementing policies, programs and practices in the organization for a productive and motivated workforce. Human resource management also called HRM, or HR involves the management of an organization’s employees. Various functions that HRM oversees are
- Talent planning, acquisition, and selection
- Employee training
- Employees wages and salaries management
- Employee performance assessment
- Providing benefits and incentives to employees
- Compliance with local employment and labor laws
- Dispute resolution with or amongst employees
- Acting as a communication channel between organization and employees
HRM acts as an interface between the company and its employees.
In an organization, objectives are set in order to achieve predefined results by effectively utilizing the available pool of human resources. The basic objective of any organization is to ensure that the employees work positively and efficiently direct their energies towards the realization of organizational objectives.
Some of the major objectives of HRM are as follows
- Achieving organisational objectives by ensuring the availability of adequate number of employees
- Optimal utilization of available resources
- Establishing and maintaining a sound organisational structure
- Maintenance of productive and self-respecting working relationship among all the employees of the organisation
- Enhancing productivity by identifying and satisfying employees needs through financial and non-financial motivators
- Maintaining high employee morale
- Proper training and development of employees on a regular basis to match in the competitive business environment
- Efficient leadership, supervision, and guidance to employees
- Favorable work condition and appropriate work environment for employees
- Hiring the right person for the right job depending on the job profile and work experience