Nature of Personnel Management
- Personnel management includes the function of employment, development and compensation- These functions are performed primarily by the personnel management in consultation with other departments.
- Personnel management is an extension to general management. It is concerned with promoting and stimulating competent work force to make their fullest contribution to the concern.
- Personnel management exist to advice and assist the line managers in personnel matters. Therefore, personnel department is a staff department of an organization.
- Personnel management lays emphasize on action rather than making lengthy schedules, plans, and work methods. The problems and grievances of people at work can be solved more effectively through rationale personnel policies.
- It is based on human orientation. It tries to help the workers to develop their potential fully to the concern.
- It also motivates the employees through it’s effective incentive plans so that the employees provide fullest co-operation.
- Personnel management deals with human resources of a concern. In context to human resources, it manages both individual as well as blue- collar workers.