Managerial functions primarily involve basic management functions such as
- Planning: Planning involves activities with an objective to achieve organisational goals
- Organizing: Organizing involves development of organizational structure by allocating duties and delegating responsibilities to individuals as and when required.
- Staffing: Staffing involves hiring the right quality of people in the right number and at the right time.
- Directing: The process of directing involves effectively implementing the formulated plan to achieve the organisational objectives.
- Controlling: The process of controlling involves keeping a track of whether a plan has been implemented as required and conducting performance evaluation activities.
Operative functions primarily deal with employment, growth, maintenance and employee compensation. Following are some of the operative function related to human resource department
- Human Resource Planning: Maintaining an adequate pool of talented workforce
- Recruitment and Selection: Searching suitable candidate and opting the best
- Placement and Induction: Placing the candidate in the right type of job and familiarizing them with the work environment.
- Training and Development: Providing relevant training as per the job requirement
- Employee Compensation: Remunerating the employees for their service
- Performance Appraisal: Evaluating employees performance for appraisal
- Employees health and safety: Clean and safe working conditions for employees
- Motivating employees: Inspiring employees to contribute towards organisational goals
- Grievance Redressal: Addressing the problem and grievances of employees